You're getting so close to TWO now! Here are some of the things you've been saying and doing this month...
* You started calling me "Mommy" instead of "Mama." It was so out of the blue and very strange to hear!
* You suddenly started saying "Happy Birthday" all the time. I'm not really sure where it came from, but it's really funny. You say whose birthday it is, and I then sing the Happy Birthday song with their name.
* You love your Little Einsteins book about Farmer Annie growing tomatoes. On one page she sings "La La La" because she is so proud of her crop. Now throughout the day you like to yell "LA LA LA... ANNIE" and laugh and laugh.
* You're putting multiple words together to convey more complete thoughts.
* You're getting better at saying "yes" and minding us, even when it's not something you really want to do or when you're disappointed. Of course, it's not all the time, but we've noticed an improvement!
* You love your Little People Nativity set. You get most excited about the animals, but you know baby Jesus and Mary, too.
* "Hop me" is a request you make a lot. You like to hop around, and you like it even better when we hold you under your arms and "hop you" high. We've turned it into a Daddy game, though, so that it's something special just with him. So as soon as Daddy walks in the door every day, you say, "Hop me!"
* I'm always amazed at how I can say something just once in passing, and you remember even days later. You're very curious and observant.
* Oreos are your favorite these days. I bought the mini kind when I saw they don't have dairy in them (go figure). You get them for dessert and for snack sometimes. You used to always break them apart and eat one side at a time, but now you gobble them down fast and come asking for more.
* We've been reading Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett every night before bed. I have been meaning to look into buying a gingerbread house kit. I think you'd get a kick out of that. You love wearing your gingerbread girl shirt, too.
* You're doing a pretty good job of sharing toys with Caroline. (Really, you are the one playing with her toys a lot!) I often ask you to find a toy for Caroline, and you're pretty good at getting one for her.
* Don't want to get too graphic here, but just tonight you asked to go potty and you did it! I guess I need to read up on potty training now!
* You know "Santa," but anyone wearing a Santa hat is Santa to you... the little boy in the grocery store, the blow-up polar bear next door, etc. We tried to set you on Santa's lap when we were in downtown McKinney for Dickens of a Christmas, but you had just fallen and busted your face for the second time that afternoon. You screamed bloody murder and clutched onto me for dear life when I tried to set you on his lap. It was the kind of crying that made you choke and gag. Not sure if I want to try again this year!
I can't believe that your next (and final monthly post) is just one month away!
Mommy & Daddy
Weight: 28.6 lb
Height: 34.5 inches
Clothes: 24 months & 2T
Diaper Size: 5s now (We are using your leftover 4s on Caroline already!)