Happy two months to you! You are a dream baby. I didn't think it was possible to have a baby easier than Kate was, but then you came along. God knew with a very active sister just 16 months older than you that I'd need an easy-going personality with baby number two. You fit the bill!
* The biggest news of the month is that you started to sleep through the night when you were just five weeks old. You haven't stopped since that first night you did it, either. Incredible. Mama and Daddy REALLY appreciate this. A full night's sleep makes all the difference to my state of mind! (If anyone is interested, I did the Moms on Call online seminar for tips on sleep training. While I know it has been very helpful to me, I also know that we were just blessed with a good sleeper.) We feed you at 9 p.m., you're asleep by 9:30, and you wake up around 7 a.m.
* You rarely cry. Sometimes you cry when we put you down to sleep (usually at the evening nap), but it doesn't take much effort at all to soothe you. You get quiet the second you see a familiar face pop up over your crib. When you do get upset, you stick your bottom lip way out. It's so cute and so sad at the same time!
* Obviously we don't need to try to give you a pacifier very often, but you're not a huge paci lover. You'll sometimes hold it in your mouth for a minute or two. Kate was much more attached to her paci by this age.
* You spend much of your waking time under your activity gym while I try and keep Kate from stepping on you or "loving" on you too forcefully. You love the little firefly that hangs down from it and plays music. You're pretty good at tracking it with your eyes as I move it from side to side or up and down. There are also crinkly leaves on the mat that you love to kick. You also like your swing, and you are mesmerized by the mobile that spins above it.
* You're quite the spitter-upper. I thought it'd be hard to top Kate in that arena, but I think you're probably even. We go through a ton of burp rags everyday. Sometimes it's projectile and looks like the entire contents of a bottle. It doesn't seem to bother you, but I do a lot of laundry, and you and I don't always smell the best. :/
* You're starting to smile more often. You smile up at me when I'm done swaddling you in your crib, all snug and set to go to sleep, and you wiggle and smile back at me when I'm holding you and I put my smiley face close to yours.
* When I'm holding you up to my shoulder, you squirm to get your face smushed next to mine. While I LOVE that, I also get a little nervous that you're going to spit up in my face. :)
* I love to rub your head - your hair is so soft and downy! It's still pretty dark, and you don't appear to be losing any of it. Are you going to stay a brunette? Your eyes are getting to be a brighter blue... just like Kate's. We're still not sure who you look like, though. Gram says you resemble her baby pictures, and Nana says she sees a similarity to Uncle Keaton as a baby. Guess we'll have to wait and see!
* Your routine during the day is eat, play, nap. When we're home, you nap swaddled in your crib with the sound machine on. You're flexible to sleep on the go, too. We try to get out of the house for an errand or a drive (or something) at least once a day. You love to sleep in the car and in the cart at the store.
* You usually drink between 5 and 6.5 ounces at each feeding, and you have 6 feedings per day. I can't wait to see how much you weigh at your doctor visit tomorrow! We keep your feedings to just 30 minutes now, so it doesn't feel like we're spending all day feeding you now.
We can't wait to see how you will change over the next month. I can hardly wait for your first laugh!
Mama and Daddy