It's been one month since we met you, sweet girl! I'm not sure what all to report on since you're still in that eat/sleep/poop phase, but I'm sure I'll think of something here! We're adjusting well to two, I'd say, and it's amazing how much more confident I am the second time around. We've settled into a good groove, much thanks to you! Over the past month we've noticed these things about you:
* You are a very content baby. Even more so than Kate was (and that's saying something). You rarely cry; you usually only pipe up when you are hungry, need to burp, for diaper changes, and when we strap you into your car seat.
* You like to stare at ceiling fans and the picture on our bedroom wall, where there's high contrast between the dark and light colors. Such an exciting world!
* I think you're going to be a good sleeper. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself.) You started falling into a predictable sleeping pattern at just two weeks, and you have been pretty consistently doing a 5 hour stretch between feedings at night since then. You start your final feeding at 10pm, and you start stirring around 3am to eat again. At 6:30 or 7, we're up for the day.
* You now drink about 30 ounces of milk per day, typically 4 to 5 ounces at 7 to 8 feedings. You're not super fast, though, and it can take 45 minutes to an hour to complete the feeding process. At 10pm and 3am, it can be difficult to keep you awake enough to take a full feeding. We do everything we can to get you to eat, though, in hopes that you'll sleep a bit longer!
* I'm amazed at how easily you've stayed "on schedule." With Kate I remember adjusting feeding times a lot. You rarely need to eat before a scheduled feeding. We're not on any kind of nap schedule yet except that I always put you down around 11:30 so that you'll sleep while Kate's eating lunch and for the first hour of her nap. At 1:00, I wake you up to eat again, but from 12 to 1, I get an hour all to myself! Usually it's spent cleaning bottles and shoveling some lunch down, but I try to put my feet up for awhile, too.
* You don't mind tummy time so far. We wait until after Kate's gone to bed to do it, though. You on the floor + Kate running around (oblivious to you) is not a good combo.
I'm looking forward to our next month together! I know how fast you'll grow and change, so I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this newborn stage (even in the middle of the night). I know from experience now just how fast this snuggly phase passes.
You are such a blessing to us.
Mama and Daddy
weight: 11 pounds, 1 ounce (95th%) Dr. Weiser called you a "chunker" today at your appointment! :)
length: 21.5 inches (75th%)
head: 14.7 inches (75th%)
clothes: 0-3 month (You've definitely outgrown everything in the "newborn" size.)
diaper size: 1 for the past couple of weeks
sleep: lots of naps throughout the day but always one from 11:30-1; you seem to want to go down for the night after the 7pm feeding.