You are 9 months old today! You have changed a lot over the past month. Here's what's been going on...
* We lowered your crib mattress a few weeks ago. You figured out how to pull up on your bumper then hoist yourself up to the rail. You love to start "nap time" this way. Banging your paci against the wood is also a lot of fun!
* You became a proper crawler a couple of weeks ago. There's no taking our eyes off of you! You're curious about everything. We have to keep everything off the floor that is off limits: shoes, Daddy's computer bag, Kirby's toys. You're very interested in the electric outlets, too. We're saying a lot of "no no" to you now!
* If anything has the least bit of height, you try to pull up on it. Of course, things like the coffee table, the piano bench, and your Leap Frog table all do the trick. It's funny, though, when you try to push yourself up from a toy that's only 3 inches tall. You get your booty way up in the air, and then you topple sideways. I try not to laugh.
* You love to "walk" with Mama or Daddy holding your arms. You are so proud of yourself! There have been a couple of times that you've stood without assistance for several seconds. You may not be far off.
* We don't see a relaxed smile from you much anymore. I think your mouth is just constantly sore from teething. You still only have the 2 bottom teeth that are fully in, and you still have a small nub coming up next to those. It's been in the same spot for a while. I guess this is how it will be for a while yet. Sorry, Pumpkin!
* You are quite the noise maker... you scream and squeal, blow raspberries, and even whistle from time to time. Yes, whistle. You make a tiny "O" with your mouth and breathe in and out. Sometimes you actually whistle! You're so talented. You're not yet making consonant sounds, so we're eagerly anticipating your first "mama" and "dada!"
* You have a bit of texture aversion. You like your foods to be pureed only. The flavors don't really matter; you like all fruits and veggies. The problem is that if it's just a bit too thick or if there are any chunks, you gag. This is something we're going to have to work on! We're also going to work on drinking from a sippy cup. The second any water/juice hits your tongue, you make an awful face and spit it out.
* Just in the last few days, you have started bouncing to music. It's really cute to see you "dance!"
I can't believe you are only 3 months away from your first birthday. You're changing so fast, and your personality is shining through more and more each day. You're still our happy, easy-going Kate!
We love you,
Mama and Daddy
We went to the doctor today, so these are official numbers! It shows how bad I am at making estimates. The last couple of months I've been off the mark.
Diaper size: 3
Sleep: 6:45/7 pm - 7 am (You've been sleeping very well lately. We usually don't hear a peep from you.)
Food: 4 bottles per day, totaling anywhere from 20 to 30 ounces. You also get two stage 2 baby foods per day. We're going to start 3 solid meals a day now.
Monthly elephant pic...
Compared to months 3 through 8...
The elephant pictures are getting really hard to take... I had to stay really close to you because you wanted to dive over the front of the chair or climb over the side. Not good!