I can't believe you are six months old - halfway to your first birthday! You are no longer a little baby, that's for sure. You're sitting up and squirming all around. You're cutting teeth and growing hair (slowly but surely). How did you get so big?? Here are some things you do:
* You love to blow raspberries. You especially like to do this to entertain yourself in your crib when you first wake up.
* When you're not blowing raspberries, you're squealing. You think it's funny when other people join in with you.
* You can sit up! You've been doing this for about 3 weeks now, and you're getting stronger every day. I have to be right next to you because you are still teetery.
* Teeth are no fun! Your mouth has been sore for a bit over a week, and it's making you cranky! We're not used to this side of you. Teething has thrown off your sleep schedule and your feedings. Poor baby!
* We tried to stop swaddling you cold-turkey, but you don't know how to sleep with your arms and legs flailing around. Your legs don't fit in the Miracle Blanket anymore, so we now swaddle just your arms and put your SleepSack on over that.
* You have been to the swimming pool a few times now. You love to watch the other kids play, and you seem to enjoy the water.
* You're eating solid foods now. You don't like rice cereal (who could blame you?), but you seem to enjoy applesauce and bananas.
* You love playing in your ExcerSaucer, and you judge other toys by how easily you can get them in your mouth.
*You went on your first plane trip this past month to visit your relatives in Minnesota. You were a doll during the flights, and all of your relatives were thrilled to meet you!
We can't believe how big you're getting and how fast time flies by. You're so much fun, and you bring immense joy to our lives. We love you!
Clothes: 6-9 and 6-12 month sizes
Weight: 17 pounds, 2 ounces
Length: 27 inches
Diaper size: 2-3
Sleep: 7:30 pm - 7 am
Naps: 8:30-10:30, 1:00-3:00, & a late afternoon catnap
Food: 4 bottles per day totaling about 30 ounces and one feeding of solid food
Here are your monthly poses with your elephant. What a difference from three months to now!